Following Ian MacKenzie's post on Matador Network,
I would like to provide my answers to his 20 spiritual questions.
I hope that provides guidance for seekers from all circles may those be representing
any religions or spiritual groups.
1. Why is there poverty and suffering in the world?It is because people make wrong decesions that is based on poor morality. People lacking the knowledge how to make the right choice which can lead to succes, happiness and peace.
2. What is the relationship between science and religion?In an ideal world of existence the two would be the same. In present time science and religion seem to be the opposite which I find strange simply because if you take a closer look how the smallest cells work in your body it operates in order, regenerates, it dies, etc. suggests there must be a higher intelligence behind it.
3. Why are so many people depressed?I believe people are depressed because they incapable of controlling their own lives, cannot confront their emotion turbulence and feel disconnected from spirituality.
4. What are we all so afraid of?There can be many reasons for that such as death, incurable diseases, losing a loved one, being left alone. The main thing could be behind it is that lacking the knowledge how our Universe works. Once you figured it out, it gives you a peace of mind.
5. When is war justifiable?For protection of human right, or stopping terrorists or supporting groups and people creating a happier and more spiritual future.
Please, let me also confirm, war can not be only fought with weapons. That to be avoided at the highest level possible. As unnecessary harm in it's any forms.
6. How would God want us to respond to aggression and terrorism?It depends on religion/spiritual standpoint. For example in ancient Greece god of war Ares would have absolutely loved and encouraged it in oppose to Hestia, goddess of hearth. If you have the Christian's god in mind he takes a stand in his chosen nation and helps and protect them even it is through war. -as you can read about it in Old Testament. However In the new Testament Jesus teaches us to forgive and love, he is definitely against war.
7. How does one obtain true peace?Fist of all, confronting one`s issues such as health, relationships, financial. Finding solutions for one`s problem through meditations, exercises, art anything that elevates your spirit to the point that one sees her/his life in an outer perspective that helps to be creative enough to sort out those issues.
8. What does it mean to live in the present moment?To able to smell those scents, fragrances, odors that are in one`s environment, see objects around that are actually there, hear all those noises or even silence that is with the individual at the time, be able to touch the objects that are around, feel their material, temperatures. When you are aware of your surroundings you become more conscious and focused, more quick to react to changes and make better decisions that serves your welfare.
9. What is our greatest distraction?In my opinion the greatest distraction is paying too much attention to meaningless things for instance what others think, gossiping, being angry and holding onto this anger for ages, not letting thing go, feeling negative.
10. Is current religion serving it's purpose?Which religion are we talking about? Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Wicca, Paganism, etc? In overall I believe that if you blindly follow only dogmas it will never be able to serve your needs or humanity`s. If you want to find peace, happiness you need to see beyond dogmas, have to establish a connection to a Higher power/Intelligence or god call it whatever you want. Every people need guidance on a daily basis, in each situation a unique and tailored formula should be applied to get a good solution.
11. What happens to you after you die?Well, your body starts to decompose but your soul, spirit, you, your being lives on. It gets freed from its physical prison then moves on to the next level of conciseness.
12. Describe heaven and how to get there.To be honest I have not been to Heaven yet or if I had been I cannot remember to share my experience. My translation of Heaven is a place or a dimension that is chosen by your higher being who is wise and knows whats the best for you. Heaven must be a plane where you end up being there based on your expectations in waking life.
13. What is the meaning of life?In every men and women it varies. Each individual has a purpose to obtain order in the Universe. Each person should know what it is or seek if it is unknown to them. It can be being a good surgeon to help patients, or become a teacher who is responsible for the education of the next generation of humanity, being as astrophysicists who ensures that humanity receives updated information about the galaxy and universe, being a baker who supplies his/her town with good quality food.Each job has its own function same as a clockwork, every single tiny peace has its own purpose and they work as a team. The final result is a clock or watch. Beautiful. What matters the most is everybody do what they suppose to do, being a useful part of the system resulting in balance, harmony, and order in the universe.
14. Describe God.Yet again, depending on religion or personal belief there are many different options. But if you are interested in a universal higher intelligence/power is something like this: the cause changes in the universe, controlling these changes, maintaining and if it wishes ceases it. Sees, hear and knows everything, can be at multiple places and times at once. Able to create as it wishes, knows the laws of the Universe.
15. What is the greatest quality humans possess?To be frank humans can stand up to changes. No matter what, even if our life depends on it we just do not change for the better or worse. Remain still, and of course nothing will ever happens.
16. What is it that prevents people from living to their full potential?Their excuses and lack of self discipline. When someone get over his/her excuses and for example make more time to learn a new language which could be beneficial on a long term nothing guarantees that the individual will complete the course due to make the efforts to learn, to make money for it,etc it requires a lot of effort and willingness. Without self discipline anything is impossible to reach.
17. Nonverbally, by motion or gesture only, act out what you believe to be the current condition of the world.Thumbs up for the nations of the planet for finally starting to make serious steps for environment protection and for those people trying to stand up for a happier and more spiritual future.
18. What is your one wish for the world?I wish the world was a more spiritual place and the laws of the universe widely recognized.
19. What is wisdom and how do we gain it?Wisdom means smart enough to make right decisions and judge the situations. It can be gain by opening up to learn new things and experience that never been experienced before and making conclusions. Learn from mistakes and avoid making them again in the future. Do researches, reading books about ancient civilizations.
20. Are we all one?In terms of we are all made up from the same material like stars, our body contains the same elements as other celestial bodies in the universe/ and other elements in the universe I guess we are somewhat one entity from a far objective standpoint.
Please, comment and suggest below if you see something different, have any idea or would be happy to discuss this further.